MAGO3D: A Brand-New Live 3D Platform
Although there has been numerous attempts to integrate AEC(Architecture, Engineering, Construction) and 3D GIS on a single geospatial platform, the outcome of these attempts are not so satisfactory till to date. Difference of data model, massive number of data to be rendered, big volume of file size are among those major technical barriers that hindered seamless integration of indoor and outdoor space.
MAGO3D could seamlessly integrate AEC(BIM, JT) and 3D GIS in web browser using Cesium or Web World Wind.
1. Mago3D Connector that interacts with WebGL Globe such as Cesium, World Wind
2. Mago3D Renderer that shades and renders 3D data
3. Mago3D Accelerator that carries out performance enhancing algorithms such as frustum & occlusion culling, indexing, LOD(Level Of Detail) handing
4. Mago3D Data Container that contains and manages 3D data
5. Mago3D Process Manager that manages whole process from data receiving to rendering
6. Mago3D REST API that provides API for 3D data sending and receiving
By plug in Mago3D.js to Cesium, Web World Wind, users can expand those WebGL functionality and usability to indoor space and AEC domains.
One of big hurdle to integrate AEC and 3D GIS simultaneously is handling and visualisation of massive 3D data. To overcome this hurdle, new format called F4D has been devised adopting block reference concept. Also a format converter that converts popular 3D format to F4D has been developed. Currently industry standard IFC(Industry Foundation Classes), JT(Jupiter Tessellation), and popular 3D formats such as OBJ, 3DS, COLLADA DAE can be converted to F4D format. F4D format coupled with Mago3D.js has proven that it can increase memory management efficiency and rendering speed drastically. MAGO3D can now visualise massive 3D data including indoor objects and AEC data at least 100k objects, in a single scene seamlessly with traditional outdoor 3D GIS objects.
Users can now manage and handle almost every geospatial object from bolt & nut level to whole globe level with MAGO3D. This project will evolve to manage and service more dynamic data such as IoT (Internet of Things), point clouds, climate & weather data, and transportation.